Remilon is a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. We own and operate EducationPortal.com, which is the destination for millions of students to improve their grades and earn college credit. Education Portal offers self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Software Engineer (Java) Position
- Design, develop and deploy high-volume scalable Java web apps
- Create algorithms to analyze TBs of data to enhance user experience
- Help refine our ROI and ad-matching algorithms to maximize profitability
- Participate in system design, architecture decisions and code reviews
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
- Find simple, robust solutions to complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of Java 1.5+
- Understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
- Background in relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux
- Understanding of XML
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to think analytically
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience with service-oriented architecture using Resin, Spring, Hibernate, EHCache
- Experience with front-end web technologies like JSP, GWT, JQuery, CSS, HTML
- Paired programming and agile development experience
- Use of Confluence or other wiki for documentation and specifications
- Working knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Selenium, JUnit, HtmlUnit, JMeter or other testing framework experience
- Experience with rapid prototyping using Groovy/Grails
- Mastery of IntelliJ and/or Eclipse IDE
- Experience in data warehousing design and concepts, including NoSQL databases
- Exposure to online marketing, search engine optimization and lead generation
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 6+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments